Rouge is a first-generation South African, of Congolese heritage. Born and raised in Pretoria, she is recognised for her artistic flair and creative punchlines. Even as an independent artist, Rouge has built a strong youth following, both in South Africa and the rest of the continent, since joining the music scene in early 2015. She has achieved great success, with ten hit singles, most notably “DOLOLO”, “Arumtumtum”, “Mbongo Zaka”, “No Strings” and “Sheba Nwgan O”. Rouge has been dubbed one of the top 14 influencers to lookout for in Africa by C.S.A, global talented and communications agency.
Rouge released her debut album in September 2017 it is available on iTunes, Google Play and in local music stores. Rouge is also a host of The Remix on SABC 1.
- Rouges debut album The New Era Sessions debuted at number 2 on iTunes on the day of release, a first for a female hip hop artist in South Africa.
- Rouge is the first South African hip hop artist to release a short film which accompanies The New Era Sessions album.
- Rouge won the award for Best Video Of The Year with Arumtumtum at the South African Music Awards 2018.
- Rouge won the award for Best Low Budget Film with New Era Sessions at the South African Film and Television awards. Rouges single Déjà vu was number 1 on the 5FM Hip Hop chart for 3 weeks following the release.
- Rouge won Best Female at the SA Hip Hop Awards 2017.
Does not claim to be an official website, the owners or management over any supplier, service or content.
Will not respond to requests of a personal nature, nor offer contacts nor share intellectual property.
Is purely a marketing and brokering medium for South African Entertainment related suppliers and related services and therefore this resource reserves the right to only respond to official booking and quote requests for corporate functions and events.