Chantell Ilbury is a globally-respected scenario strategist, facilitator, speaker and top-selling business author. She is a highly-accomplished speaker - her work has taken her as far afield as the UK, the US, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Ukraine, Australia, Jamaica, Kuwait, Singapore, India, Mauritius, Réunion Island, as well as throughout Africa. She is also versatile, with a number of talks on offer (see below), and has an engaging, relaxed and conversational approach in her presentation.
As a strategist and facilitator she specialises in guiding organisations around the world through strategic conversations, especially in times of uncertainty; she is also a guest lecturer on strategy and scenario planning at a number of top business schools.
Chantell holds a BSc in Chemistry, a post-graduate Higher Diploma in Education, an Executive MBA from the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, and has studied Strategic Negotiation through Harvard Business School in Boston. It was at UCT where she first met Anglo America’s Clem Sunter and shared her ideas on scenario planning that lead to the writing of their best-selling books The Mind of a Fox, Games Foxes Play and Socrates and the Fox was released in 2007. The three books were later published together as The Fox Trilogy in 2011. Her latest book - A Fox’s Tale: Insights from one of Africa’s most creative strategic thinkers, is published by Penguin, and is available now in paperback and e-book.
- The Leadership Evolution - Shifts brought about by powerful megatrends demand business and political leaders be agile and authentic...or risk becoming redun-dant. [In this talk Chantell highlights the megatrends that are driving dramatic changes in business and politics and the impact this is having on the type of leadership that is required.]
- Moving the Dial: The Emergence of ‘Consumer Leadership’ - Like shifting from analog to digital, businesses are losing control of innovation to the consumer, creating an innovation tension. [In this talk Chantell explains why, and how, consumers are leading innovation - a prerequisite for business growth - and the impact this is having on the relationship between businesses and their con-sumers.]
- Shifting Scenarios - The possible futures for Africa/South Africa. [In this talk Chantell highlights the continually shifting global and Africa/South African scenar-ios and the interplay between them, raising the question of what are Afri-ca’s/South Africa’s key priorities.]
- Constructing your Future - Strategic thinking as a competitive advantage. [Using scenarios and unique case studies, in this talk Chantell explains how to build ca-pacity for strategic thinking and develop a competitive advantage in the age of intelligence.]
- Flagwatching - How to identify the flags that are changing the game. [In this talk Chantell explains how something we do naturally every day can be applied in the use of scenarios to identify possible changes in your game ahead of your com-petition. This is especially critical in today’s rapidly-changing times. She also provides insight into flags to watch in Africa/South Africa and the world at large]
- Backwards and in high heels - A woman in a businessman’s world. [In this talk Chantell speaks candidly about steering the strategic decisions of executive teams - still almost exclusively male; dealing with physical threat, controversy and reputational risk; and the dangers of a woman travelling the world alone; and she also provides refreshing perspectives on balancing the demands of family and business, and on women in the corporate working environment].
Does not claim to be an official website, the owners or management over any supplier, service or content.
Will not respond to requests of a personal nature, nor offer contacts nor share intellectual property.
Is purely a marketing and brokering medium for South African Entertainment related suppliers and related services and therefore this resource reserves the right to only respond to official booking and quote requests for corporate functions and events.
Immediate Action Request
Please note: you will receive a response in 4 working hours or less.